The Amazon Mobile iPhone app has been updated with the ability to scan barcodes.
The Amazon Mobile app allows iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users to quickly search, shop, compare prices, read reviews, and make purchases on Amazon.com using a simple, yet elegant, interface. Amazon customers have full access to their existing cart, wish lists, payment and shipping options, order history, 1-Click (R) settings, and Prime membership benefits. All purchases made on Amazon Mobile are routed through Amazon’s secure servers just as they are on the web. All prices are in US Dollars.
● Buying a new book while waiting for an appointment
● Comparing prices from Amazon and thousands of other merchants to those in the retail store where you are shopping
● Shopping for the full selection of products available from Amazon.com
● Purchasing and gift wrapping your holiday gifts while on the go
● Browsing product images and reading customer reviews while on the bus or train
● Tracking the status of a recently-placed order when you’re away from your computer
● Using Amazon Remembers to take a picture to search for a pair of shoes similar to the ones the person sitting next to you is wearing (only available on iPhone app)
● Watching movie trailers and listening to music samples (iPad only).
● Scanning a barcode to instantly search for a product while on-the-go (currently only available with devices running iOS 4 with autofocus camera)
What's New In This Version:
● Ability to scan a barcode to instantly search the Amazon catalog (currently only available on the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS running iOS 4)
You can download Amazon Mobile from the App Store for free.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4